1. Time Warner Inc. announced that Bill Krivoshik will join the company as senior vice president and CIO. In this newly created position, Krivoshik will oversee the corporate information technology group, as well as lead the execution of the company’s enterprise-wide information technology strategy.
2. Staples announced the promotion of Christine Putur to CIO. In her new role, Putur will have global responsibility for information technology strategy and execution. Putur will report to John Mahoney, Staples vice chairman and chief financial officer.
3. The Federal Communications Commission named Robert Naylor as CIO. Naylor resigned from the CIO position at the SBA after serving for 14 months. In his new role, Naylor will be in charge of managing the agency's IT systems, personnel and overseeing the shift towards cloud-based storage and applications under direction from the Obama administration.
4. Jean-François Bergeron recently took the post of vice president and CIO at Astral Media. In this role, Bergeron’s major responsibility is to lead the design of the IT strategy for Astral and its divisions based on their business needs, as well as oversee relevant project development.
5. Aleris has named Steven A. Faas senior vice president and CIO. Faas will lead all Information Technology (IT) activities for the company, including global enterprise resource planning.
6. Garden Fresh Restaurant Corp. has appointed Eric Rosenzweig as its next CIO. Rosenzweig brings more than 25 years of corporate technology experience to the San Diego-based company, which owns 120 Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes buffet-style restaurants.
7. Ron Sorozan has been appointed CIO at Amtrak. Sorozan most recently served as Amtrak’s group information officer of operations, engineering and maintenance.
8. Union Bank N.A. named John T. Itokazu chief operations officer and CIO. Itokazu will be based in the bank's Monterey Park office and will lead the company’s technology and operation groups with responsibility for central and distributed computing systems, information technology planning and engineering, data processing, telecommunications, security and contingency planning, and operations and customer service.
9. The State of California has appointed Carlos Ramos as CIO. Having worked for more than two decades in various capacities for state agencies, Ramos is well known in the public-sector IT community for his project management expertise.
10. Carnival Cruise Lines has named Dwayne Warner vice president and CIO, where he will oversee all of Carnival’s technology systems.
11. Wells Fargo EVP and head of Card Services and Consumer Lending group, Kevin Rhein was named senior EVP, CIO and head of the enterprise-wide Technology and Operations Group. Rhein will report to chairman and CEO John Stumpf.
Enjoyed the article?
Sign-up for our free newsletter to kick off your day with the latest technology insights, or share the article with your friends and contacts on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the icons below.